Wednesday 22 December 2010

Study in Reticence.

You know how it is with some people. They stay silent, but they watch you. You know they’re watching you, and you know they’re observing you. You also know that the two things aren’t quite the same. One might well be disinterested, but the other is taking you in, working you out, soaking up the signals without reflecting them, mentally undressing your psyche. Sometimes you’re intrigued, sometimes you’re uneasy, sometimes you cultivate indifference because it helps avoid frustration. They exist in blogland, where they tease like distant butterflies.

7 comments:

Zoe said...

this was enjoyably poetic. And not your usual manner of poetry, either.

don't be uneasy in my case. Nothing but respect here.

JJ said...

I don't have a usual manner of poetry, Zoe. Just silly ditties when I'm feeling silly.

And thank you. I truly appreciate that. Likewise.

Anthropomorphica said...

Secret viewers peeking through your windows, you feel them but can never quite catch them at it!

Zz... said...

i hope you didn't think that my reticence meant i was secretly watching you...sheesh! LOL

glad to see the standoff with the girl from ephrata is over *wink

JJ said...

No, Mel. They're called Peeping Toms. You're supposed to feel sorry for them. Do you get many?

I thought no such thing, Zhen. I actually thought you were too busy doing a knees-up with the local lads. I also meant to imply 'silent,' rather than 'secret.' And I never saw the 'girl from Ephrata' thing as a stand-off as such, just a matter of intrigue for a while.

Zz... said...

eh locals...??

*giggles*

maybe you will get the last laugh tho...God works in mysterious ways.

There must be a better reason I'm so friggin stuck here instead of globetrotting bah humbug lol i feel like the xmas grinch.

i love white christmases so though!

JJ said...

I wish we could export our white, Zhen. We've had enough of it already. It looks great on Christmas cards.

Surely, your world must be bursting with local lads eager for a knees up. I'll bet some of them will even be backpacking around Europe come the summer. You could tag along and have a cup of tea with me on the way.