Monday 13 December 2010

I Have No Right to Say This, but...

I’m sorry everybody, I really am, but this blog is for me to say exactly what I want to say, and at the moment I really want to swear big time. So that’s what I’m going to do. If it damages my reputation as a starchy and upright Englishman, tough! And if you find naughty words offensive, please stop reading now.

I have a favourite blog, written by a young woman (not a teenager, which narrows the field down a bit.) Post after post she gets this guy-who-shall-be-nameless making long, turgid comments. He’s so fucking didactic! Every comment is along the lines of ‘These are the facts, my dear, these are the complexities, these are the ramifications, and this is what you MUST do about it.’ This isn’t just sensible advice, this is real ME ME ME, you must listen to ME stuff. And every time I manage to get half way down his diatribe, I find myself almost yelling ‘Bollocks, ya great pompous twat!’ at the computer.

If ever I get that bad, please kick me in the goolies and stick a red hot poker up my fundament, would you.

And I do understand that other people’s comments on other people’s blogs are none of my business. Quiet right. I stand corrected, but it had to come out. I’m sane and settled again now. Primal scream over. Smiling. Thank you for not reading.

8 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I read it! How can you expect no readers with a title like that :)
I've put my boots on and am warming the poker, so be a good boy. Either that or we can both stick it up his rump together (bet you thought it was for you) ;)

JJ said...

Damn! I was going to take this down and I can't now. How could I ever delete so much as a single letter scribed by you, dearest Mel?

Vomit Vomit Vomit.

Wendy said...

Good for you Jeff to say it like it is and really you're supporting a blogger that is being harassed by an obnoxious reader. I don't think you'll ever end up like that idiot. You're compassionate and respectful. You may not agree with what a blogger has to say (like not liking Ewan McGregor ;) but that's authenticity! And damn straight you have every right to say how you feel on your blog and anywhere you want, because your intentions are never to hurt another and that says a lot about you.

JJ said...

Thank you, Wendy. I knew I could rely on people to allow me the odd strong rant now and again, by way of letting off steam.

I don't dislike Ewan McGregor, by the way, it was just his character in Star Wars I wasn't keen on. He's in a film on Brit TV tonight, which has a good review so I'm planning to record it. It's called Young Adam. Do you know it?

Maria Sondule said...

Again, this sounds hilarious. Blog fights are always very interesting.

JJ said...

He's still at it! He's done it again on her latest post. I've stopped reading his comments now. None of my business.

Wendy said...

After reading your latest post on that movie, I'm going to have to check it out! I'm glad you like Ewan, and o.k. I'll concede about him not living up to Sir Alec Guinness' younger self, it's hard to follow his act.

JJ said...

I think that was much of the problem, Wendy. I'm a big fan of Alec Guinness, and Obi-Wan was easily my favourite character from the original Star Wars.