Monday 20 December 2010

Scraping the Barrel.

I must be a bit preoccupied today because I’ve been trying to think of something to post about and I seem to have become non compos mentis, or whatever the phrase is. (Blimey, Word hasn’t squiggled it. You mean I’m right?)

You don’t want to know how many years I’ve had the hots for Sally Philips, do you? Thought not.

How about the Mystery of the White Dust on the Inside of My Underpants? I notice it every time I change them, so that makes three times this month already. How does that happen? It’s been occupying my deductive faculty for years and I haven’t got to the bottom of it yet. No, I don’t use talcum powder. Neither do I take my trousers down while cleaning the ashes out of the grate or using flour to make dumplings. So it must be magic, right? Fairy dust – the sort that magic wands sprinkle when shaken by experienced practitioners in Disney cartoons. So, the next mystery: Which experienced practitioner has been sticking her wand down the front of my trousers? And why do I never notice her doing it? And what’s the bloody point anyway?

Which reminds me of a joke.

I met Sally Phillips once. I sidled up to her and said ‘I’d really like to make love to you,’ and she said ‘Well, if ever you do and I find out about, there’ll be trouble!’ Seems she must have heard about the parsnip. Britain’s a small country.

And in true blogging tradition, I think I might run a competition. The first person to get the right number of jokes in this post (not counting Sally Phillips’ punch line) will get a year’s free subscription to my undying gratitude.

6 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Hahaha, I hope you change your underwear more than that...
This reminds me of Weird Al's song Confessions Part III.
# of jokes: 12, but the answer is really unlimited, because anything you say in this post could later become a joke, depending on the circumstances.

JJ said...

You don't have to compete, Maria. You already have a free subscription for putting up with all those times I disagreed with you.

More comments later - off to change my underwear. Seriously. 'Tis now the getting wet time of night. Bathing in the morning makes me itch, for some reason. And I'm too spaced out in the morning. I'd probably drown or something.

Anthropomorphica said...

More to the point, what manner of wand shaking have you been doing? Fairy dust indeed!

JJ said...

Sorry, Mel. Innocent this time. Fairy dust is the only possible explanation.

Jeanne said...

Ah, White Mystery Dust in the Underpants.... One of the all time great mysteries of the world.....

Maybe the Underpants Gnomes would know... (reference to a South Park TV episode)

JJ said...

Do you know, Jeanne, I've never seen a single episode of either South Park or The Simpsons. (Come to think of it, I did see the Simpsons episode with Mulder and Scully.) I think this amounts to a gap in my education.