Sunday 19 December 2010

A Small Paradox.

The snow we had yesterday wasn’t as heavy as the last lot, and it made sense to sweep it off the paths rather than use a shovel. So that’s what I did. It meant spending about half an hour sweeping vigorously whilst standing in an unaccustomed position on a slope. The result was both uncomfortable and mildly amusing. This morning I had stiffness in my left buttock. At least it was, as far as I recall, a new experience.

And then it occurred to me that the ageing process in men produces an unfortunate paradox. While certain parts of the body become more readily inclined to stiffness, others display the opposite tendency. My stiff upper lip, for example, is rather less firm than it used to be.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ha Ha. That was funny...leading us one like that!

JJ said...

Thank you for getting the joke, Jeanne. Woo...