Sunday 26 December 2010

Saturday's Bits of Randomness.

I discovered something about myself today. If I drink during the day, it tends to make me forthright to the point of belligerence. If I drink late at night, on the other hand, it makes me relaxed and silly. Fancy taking this long to find that out! Good job I only drink during the day at Christmas.

And I forgot the new ‘visitor’ story last night. I was sitting in my office when I heard a clatter in the kitchen. I went to check it out and found the dish drainer tray at the side of the sink skewed over at an angle, a position I would never leave it in because I’m a bit fussy about things being in the right place. Besides, there was nothing else to explain the clatter. It’s odd that nearly all the strange things that happen in this house happen on that side. The kitchen is an extension that was added rather later than the original house. I wonder if it’s built on an Indian burial ground.

Being fanciful, aren’t I?

And there are some damn weird coincidences going on with a track on my playlist, but I’d prefer to keep that one private. Now I’m teasing.

Hope the real Father Christmas sprinkled lots of peace and light around today. It’s officially Boxing Day here. And bloody cold.

My current dilemma is whether to finish off the Ardbeg or make do with Bells.

I found this quotation on Mei-shan’s blog. Couldn’t agree more.

“Loneliness does not come from having no people around one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible- Carl Jung (via hauswittgenstein)"

No comments: