Saturday 11 December 2010

Dream Diary.

I’ve been having another series of disturbing dreams lately. I’ve undertaken to do some sort of performance or display at the theatre for a public audience. I’ve done no preparation and the show goes up in a few hours time, so I’m going to have to ad lib the whole thing and that’s a terrifying prospect. I’m as concerned for the theatre’s reputation as I am for my own pride.

In last night’s episode, I had an assistant – a young woman whom I never saw clearly, but who was small and slim with short, dark hair. She was as unprepared as me and looking to me for guidance. Oddly, though, she didn’t seem as concerned as I was.

This suggests several interpretations, the first one being ‘I’m a bunch of crap.’ If anybody has any kinder ones to offer, I’m all ears.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hmmmm, well, it's a really common nightmare to have to perform either at school, work, plays, etc...and then either not knowing the lines or having to create the dialogue on the spot. In fact, I've had the very same dream and have had to fake an English accent on top of pretending like I knew what the hell was going on. Is there anything in your life that you feel unprepared for and having to fake it until you make it? Whenever I dream of a man, I interpret it as a part of myself. So, young and dark and lithe but needing your guidance isn't negative at all. Now that I think holistically of your dream it sounds like you're giving up old ways of thinking and having to act in unhealthy ways. You have posted a lot about "empty mind" etc...There's a new young energy in you that still doesn't know how to go about it but she's assisting you. Dialogue with her someway and listen to what she has to say. And then again, none of what I just said may be nonsense, but I think there is some kernel of insight, possibly? I love that you post your dreams...

JJ said...

Wow, I LIKE your interpretation, Wendy. I was saying to Helen only yesterday that I've become very much more laid back over the last year or so. Less starchy, less organised, less serious, less inclined to judge, less didactic, less striving, more accepting of a freer approach. So I suppose I am ad libbing, and I'm finding that I'm relating to young people much better because I feel so much younger within myself. I think an actual young woman might be the 'assistant,' but it doesn't change the interpretation. In fact, it enhances it.

Thank you, Wendy.

Anthropomorphica said...

I like Wendy's interpretation too, all I had was, at least you weren't naked!

JJ said...

How do you know, dear Melanie? Were you there? I might have declined to mention that bit to save people getting all a-tremble!