Friday 10 December 2010

Going Upwards to Bed Time.

Not much posting from me today. It’s been one of those ‘negative busy’ ones. They’re the sort when things go wrong and have to be dealt with, when things get in the way of what you’d prefer to be doing, when minor irritations come thick and fast until they feel like major issues, even though you know they’re not.

So anyway, just popped over to Zoe’s blog and decided I must watch Amelie again. I can’t imagine that anybody reading this blog hasn’t seen it; but if you haven’t, do. I have no hesitation in saying that, for me, it’s the most charming film I’ve ever seen. And it’s charming in the right sort of way: slightly surreal, dripping with human goodness, replete with amusing observations on everything from childhood sensibilities to parents with OCD, and sprinkled with just the right amount of Gallic quirkiness. This film gets inside me and impresses its ethos into my perception of life for days afterwards.

That’s a good way to end the day.

I hope Melanie doesn’t decide that I’m now beyond the pale. I do have a nice side as well, Mel.

My prose is rhyming!

5 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Have you been ranting? Will have to go backwards and have a snoop ;)
By the way, I loved Amelie too!

Unknown said...

I had one of those days yesterday - hope your weekend goes better for you.

Also, I'm the one remaining person in the world who hasn't seen Amelie!

Blessings

Lyn

JJ said...

You mean you're really a softie at heart, Mel. Blow me! Confessions coming thick and fast here.

Hello Lyn, nice to see you. Must have been something in the stars yesterday. Do give Amelie a go. No guarantees, of course, personal taste and all that. Definitely worth a try, though. I especially liked tha way she kept getting into trouble as a child for seeing magic everywhere.

Wendy said...

Amelie, is one of my fave. movies of all time. I can completely relate to her relationship with her family, (except no Gnome) and love her quirkiness. I told you Merc. Retro is going on, so just sit tight the best you can and it'll be over in a couple of weeks ;)

JJ said...

Lyn: Got you now. You're the woman who does Wendy's web design. Congratulations on her banner. It's absolutely splendid.

Hello Wendy. I think a lot of the appeal for me lies in her eyes. They radiate the true beauty of a good heart.