Wednesday 8 December 2010

Bed Time Thoughts.

I haven’t mentioned the cold today, have I? Not going to, either. Now I’m fixated on another favourite subject.

All this talk about women isn’t good for me. My head is now full of shapely legs, cascading hair, sultry eyes and slinky smiles. And that thing they do when they lean towards you and look interested. Damn! Jezebels all! Old habits die hard.

I was thinking tonight that one of the few benefits of being married is that you keep each other warm in bed. Oh dear. The cold won in the end.

And since I’m on the subject, isn’t it good when you watch a film in winter that’s set in winter? I watched Frozen River tonight. It starts with a shot of an ice-bound St Lawrence. I was there, feeling the unremitting hardness of every frigid foot of ice! I watched Black Christmas on the TV once. The film is set in a Canadian city over a cold Christmas season. It was shown on Brit TV some time over Christmas 1981, when the temperature was every bit as low as it is now and the roads were covered with packed ice that refused to move. Connecting with a film through matching conditions brings it that much closer.

One more drink and then it’s off to my unaccompanied bed. The violins are waiting.

No comments: