Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Eve Randomness.

I wonder whether I should go to bed early tonight. The remnants of the fire are almost cool enough to allow SC to gain access without singeing his vitals, and I’ve left the mince pies and port in the living room so he can help himself if he feels so inclined.

Do you know what’s strange? I’ve had four Christmas presents this year. I haven’t had that many since my mother died fifteen years ago. I thought of putting them into a pillow case and leaving them at the end of the bed. I reasoned that I might forget I’d put them there, and get a nice surprise when I wake up. No Rupert Bear annual or chocolate selection box, though. It wouldn’t be the same. Besides, contrary to my own and others opinion, I’m not quite that off my head.

No?

Did I ever mention that I met two reindeer a couple of Christmases ago? They were the most incredibly beautiful creatures. If I had some land, I think I would have some reindeer. And donkeys.

And so, at the risk of being boiled in my own pudding...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.

5 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

When I was little I always dreamt of having a herd of caribou when I grew up. Did I tell you that already? No matter. I still want donkeys, do you think they'd get on with reindeer?

My verification word is "discos," could it be a sign that perhaps your Christmas should be spent discoing? Well, whether you go out discoing or not, Nollaig shona mo chara!

Joanna said...

And donkeys? That's a little random. Perhaps you'll tell us about that one day. Merry Christmas, Jeff.

JJ said...

Morning Kaetlyn. No, you didn't. Don't know whether reindeer and donkeys would get on. I did see an American quarter horse (flashy little bugger) bullying a sheep rather nastily recently. They were in the same field as the llamas I told you about. As for discos... Pff... I think I'd be the centre of attention. The wrong sort!

Evening Joanna (these international connections are hard to keep track of.) Kaetlyn mentioned donkeys in a post recently, and I was reminded of how much I've always liked them. And I can even say 'Donkey! What are you doing?' just like Shrek! Ha. Nuts. Have a good Boxing Day. As a kid I preferred Christmas Day, but Boxing Day was my favourite from about your age onwards.

Jeanne said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope Santa enjoyed his mince pies & port! :0)
I think you'd like donkeys. My sister had one for many years. He was fun! A very playful sort... maybe you could get a miniature one - they take up less room.

JJ said...

Same to you, Jeanne. I should imagine you get proper winters in Arkansas (White Christmases?) When Americans mock we Brits (with some justification, I grant) about the inconsistency of our spelling and pronunciation, I always use Arkansas and Kansas as my riposte. Ha! You're useful.

A miniature donkey sounds like a nice idea, but I think I'd want him/her to have a companion. It would be a bit expensive, I suspect. And what bit of land I've got is a mixture of lawn, flower beds and vegetable plots. Recipe for some stress, I should think!