Thursday 9 August 2012

Corr Blimey...


Take a look at this. It makes a nice change from The Dubliners, and it got me thinking.

Suppose a little man in a green hat jumped out from the hedgerow one of these nights and said ‘So, me fine young fella (little people are very old, you know) as a reward for singin’ nicely to us on yer nocturnal perambulations, ya may have one o’ them Corr sisters to take home and keep by ya through yer dotage. She will attend to the totality of yer needs, and I mean the totality. She will so. Which one will ya choose? And be quick about it, because the poteen is evaporatin’ as I speak, so it is, it is…  (as me old mother used to say.)’

I studied the video carefully. I decided that the percussionist is the sexiest, the whistle player the prettiest, and the fiddler the most beautiful. (The pianist doesn’t count, of course.) The first would undoubtedly precipitate a heart attack within twenty four hours at most, the second would probably run off with some young buck half my age, so I’m going for the fiddler.

All I have to do now is wait.

No comments: