Monday 13 August 2012

Colours in the Landscape.

What a busy day today. It's 1am and only now do I have the time to make a proper blog post. Only I haven't got anything worthwhile to post about...

... except, maybe, to report that the Shire is changing colour. Most of the hay meadows have been mowed and baled this week, so the dark fields among the patchwork are now light green again. Not so the big wheat field on Church Lane. That still awaits harvesting, and I was trying to work out today what colour the crop is. Gold? No. Copper? No. And then I looked at my Russian ring and saw that the ripe wheat is strawberry gold. That little fact might come in useful one day if ever I start writing fiction again. The woodland canopies are, of course, at their darkest at this time of year.

And we had a classic misty twilight this evening, when the trees in the middle distance stand in black silhouette against the hazy background, and everything beyond them fades into a range of depleting half tones. Mel was just leaving the house to go home at the time, and she thought it quite spectacular.

No comments: