Tuesday 7 August 2012

Arcane Chinese Humour.

I was just listening to some Chinese erhu music on YouTube, and I came across a comment from a 15-year-old girl which read ‘I spend much time searching for traditional music like this, from all parts of the world. If only others could drop their disrespectful rap music and try a little history.’ She signs herself ‘MsDungeonX.’ Maybe it’s just my mind.

*  *  *

The Chinese man who owns the computer business in Ashbourne is called Yi. Every time I go in there, I want to ask whether he’s the original Y.I. man, but I doubt they’d get the joke. I doubt that many people reading this post will get it, either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And those of us that did get it wish we hadn't.
Auf wiedersehen pet,
Rob.

JJ said...

Well there you are. I thought it was rather stylish.