Sunday 5 August 2012

Disengaged.

I realised something tonight: I’ve never known how to have fun.

That doesn’t mean I’ve never had fun; I have, obviously. It’s just that fun was always a matter of role playing like everything else – something to be observed at the time and analysed later. I never really engaged with it as other humans do. I would usually get bored with it quite quickly – short attention span, I suppose – and then I would want to retreat into a place of reverie and music where sensations were deeper, but more elusive.

I don’t know whether this is a good thing or not, but I do believe it’s another reason why the priestess opened doors that nobody else ever could.

I also noticed tonight that Kate Rusby has strange ears. Maybe she’s an alien, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suppose it just IS? Neither good, nor bad?

JJ said...

Yes, of course, I agree. But it can be inconvenient at times.

Anthropomorphica said...

This really tickled me, I don't know why, bizarre sense of humour perhaps. I feel a doll coming on ;)

JJ said...

I do so enjoy amusing Melanies.