Thursday 9 August 2012

Distinctive and Damaged Vehicles.

I pulled the little red sports car out of the garage this morning, and what do you think I found? A nearly flat tyre. Nearly all of Nigel’s vehicles have a nearly flat tyre. One of them even had a completely flat tyre. Having a tyre that is flat or nearly flat is what makes Nigel’s vehicles distinctive.

‘Oh look,’ you might remark, ‘that car over there has a nearly flat tyre.’

‘Probably one of Nigel’s,’ I would reply. ‘It’s how people can spot them easily if they get lost.’

I decided it had enough air to get me to Ashbourne, and I topped it up when I got there. Now I’m just hoping it retains sufficient of a profile to make the thirty mile trip home tomorrow. The trip home is a little more taxing than the trip to Ashbourne.

So what, you might ask, was the problem with Mr Renault’s windscreen wipers? Rodent damage. Some mouse, or mice, or other little furry, squeaky thing(s) had been making merry with the cables and the fuse box. How does one guard against such delinquent behaviour in a country area where little furry, squeaky things are extremely common, in spite of the proliferation of cats, owls and kestrels? I really don’t know.

No comments: