Monday 20 August 2012

A Spider Called Trump.

I gather a new species of spider has been discovered in Oregon. It’s very big, lives in caves, and is adjudged to be a voracious predator. (Aren’t all spiders voracious predators?) Anyway, it’s been given the name Trogloraptor which, as I understand these things, means ‘the predator that lives in caves.’

All of which serves to demonstrate that those who ascribe names to new species of spider have better adjusted minds than politicians, advertising executives and Donald Trump.

(It occurred to me that it would be apt to nickname the creature ‘the Donald Trump Spider.’ It also occurred to me that it would be a neat idea to put a dozen or so of them in his cornflakes packet, and then video his reaction to post on YouTube. I think I have a bad attitude.)

No comments: