Wednesday 15 August 2012

Ashbourne 15/8.

So do I have anything to report about today’s visit to Ashbourne?

It rained a lot, which is probably why there was no ice cream van again.

I saw the Lady B’s mother. At least, I saw a hairstyle, a smart blue suit, and a pair of lower legs which I think belonged to the Lady B’s mother. She was going into Dorothy Perkins, which I found funny for some reason, although I couldn’t possibly explain why – not even to myself.

I got irritated with a silly woman who was putting a faulty supermarket trolley back with the others, instead of removing it to an isolated place from which it would be taken to be mended.

I complained again about the horrible promotional announcements which drive me half insane. I was told that the tape even plays through the night when the shop is closed. Bet they don’t have a rodent problem. I imagine hoards of mice running from the place on their back legs with their front paws pressed firmly over their ears.

I gave the fruit shop man’s daughter my standard talk on why I consider higher education to be greatly overrated. I expect she’ll hide the next time I go in.

I decided not to buy a £1.30 tray of chips for my lunch. It was becoming a habit and struck me as an unwarranted extravagance.

I’m sure something interesting happened, but I don’t remember what it was.

2 comments:

Orphin Lasz said...

Ehehehe, I truly love these daily life posts of yours, Mr. Beazley! They're fascinating!
(Plus, I'm nosy ^ u ^)

I think I would've loved to hear your talk on how overrated higher education is.. at least I don't think I'd hide next time you were to come!
That being said, I finally graduated! Can you believe it? At least, I certainly can't; in all honesty, I still feel like a lazy teen who wants to know nothing about responsibilities and the real world :c

Greetings, Mister!
^ O ^)/

JJ said...

See? This is what higher education does to people. I know you graduated, Orphin dear, because I made a comment on your blog post, remember? One that said 'never become an adult,' and one that said 'well done.'

And when are you going to publish a Glossary of Orphin Shorthand, so I now what your face is doing while you're talking to me?