Friday 10 February 2012

Funny Phone Calls.

I got a strange phone call tonight. Some man whose accent was so thick that I caught about one word in fifty was rambling on and on, and the only words I understood were ‘computer,’ downloading,’ and ‘malicious software.’ Another voice kept butting in and I didn’t understand a single word that one said. Eventually I told them I hadn’t a clue what they were talking about and rang off. I wonder what they were after.

Isn’t it a weird world? And on the very day I registered with TPS to stop getting unwanted junk calls.

5 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Several months ago i got a phone call just like yours! They must be out for global domination!

I just kept messing with the guy and saying random things, like which computer? I have 12. I have spyware but i invented it myself. He couldn't understand what i was talking about and finally hung up on me.

Anthropomorphica said...

When I've had sales calls and the like I like to pretend to be mentally derranged. They get off the phone quite quickly.

JJ said...

I sometimes play with them if I'm in the mood, but there was no point with this guy because I literally hardly understood a word of what he was saying. And so many S&M calls these days are recorded.

Why am I suddenly getting attention from women with dark hair? This wouldn't be a black velevt band thing, would it?

andrea kiss said...

I don't know what a black velvet band thing is... eeep.

JJ said...

A popular song, Andrea, but before your time, alas. Mischievous young woman plays trick on naive young man, gets him charged with a crime he didn't commit and sentenced to penal servitude in the colonies. Just my joke.