Saturday 11 February 2012

Dear Lord...

Today has been pretty uneventful so far. Apart from the sad fact that somebody has cut down one of the very old ash trees in Church Lane, there’s been little to warrant a post. Accordingly, I thought I’d post this evening’s pre-dinner prayer. Please don’t ask to whom I’m praying because I’m not exactly sure, and don’t imagine that I make a habit of saying pre-dinner prayers. I don’t, but today I thought I would.

Ready?

Thank you for the Priestess. The e-mail she sent me this morning was really rather splendid and confirmed my opinion that she’s an extraordinary young woman. In fact, she’s even more than that.

Thank you for Andrea and Melanie who leave lots of excellent, thoughtful comments on my blog posts which brighten my day. I’ve come to think of them as special pals.

Thank you for Sarah who not only brings something beautiful into my life, but does so in a tangible way. She’s also shown me something I knew nothing about before, thus contributing further significant experience to my understanding of the human condition.

Thank you for bringing Mrs Next Door home safely so that the dogs would finally shut up and allow me to contemplate having dinner in peace.

Thank you for making me feel ill yesterday so that I would have a valid reason for calling off tonight’s activity, thus saving me a sixty mile drive on a cold winter’s night, probably in freezing fog.

Have to go now because I think the soup is about to burn onto the bottom of the saucepan.

Amen.

p.s. Please may I point out that the first three are not meant to indicate any order of precedence, but were selected at random? Thanks.

No comments: