Wednesday 8 February 2012

Washed Away.

I had several ideas for blog posts today, but I was kept occupied with jobs and phone calls until I went for a walk at around 8.30. Since then I’ve been sitting by the fire, napping, reflecting and working out why certain things are not the way I would ordinarily expect them to be. It’s coming to understand the exceptions to the rule that mostly keeps me interested in the generality of human society and vindicates my role as observer this time round. I wonder whether it will ever do me any good.

A warm fireside on a cold night is one of the best of things, and in the process of indulging myself, I’ve clean forgotten everything I was going to post about.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Sweet fireside indulgence, you're forgiven :) Time to observe is as important as time to do.

JJ said...

Trouble is, Mel, I've made a lifelong career of observing at the expense of connecting. I honestly wonder sometimes whether I'm a closet alien.