Sunday 19 February 2012

Struggling for Content.

I’m between jobs at the moment and want to make a blog post, but what do I have to say?

Er... I thought I saw Sarah’s car pass the house going uphill earlier, about half an hour before I went out for a walk. That meant I wouldn’t be bumping into her as usual. Is that interesting?

Er... My home town football team won its FA Cup game today, despite having had a player sent off. Is that interesting?

Er... A very beautiful horse allowed me to stroke her nose this afternoon. Her rider said it was unusual because she doesn’t normally allow strangers such liberties. Is that interesting?

Er... The lumbar pain that started in the middle of my back on Friday night has now moved over to the right side. It’s most troublesome when I sit, less troublesome when I stand, and disappears altogether when I walk or lie down. Odd, maybe, but hardly interesting.

I think you’d better come back later.

2 comments:

Shayna said...

Dear Jeff ~ that beautiful horse felt safe with you - I'm not surprised. Am sorry about the back pain ... ever heard of arnica gel? If I could get a tube of it to you right this instant, I would! I wish I could gather up you and Melanie and we could go on a picnic ... we'll have to pretend ~!~ am sending spirited thoughts your way.
Shay

JJ said...

Shayna, how super to see you! I looked at the corn cob only today and wondered how you were doing.

The back pain is almost gone now, having had its 48hrs (touching wood!) I think all the things going on with me at the moment stem from the apparent onset of fatigue problems. The symptoms fit. I remember somebody else telling me about arnica gel. Will check it out the next time I go to town.

Did you know that Mel is in Brittany now? Spain fell through, one way and another. She's listening to owls and squealy things at night, apparently, and I'm not quite sure what her latest blog post means. The picnic idea sounds very grand indeed. Your place, I think - warmer!