Saturday 18 February 2012

On Rising Energy and Sisters.

OK, the energies have lifted a bit now. The backache is still there but tolerable, and I’ve woken up since I took a bracing walk in the cold wind and sunshine. And the fire started easily this afternoon, which is always a bonus given the crap nature of the coal they peddle these days. Whatever happened to good old Yorkshire anthracite, I say. Oh yes, I remember now. Mrs Thatcher murdered industrial Yorkshire back in the nineteen eighties, didn’t she? I hope they put her in the right bit of Madame Tussaud’s when she finally pops off.

So, all in all, I think I might treat myself to the double episode repeat of Doctor Who tonight, which means I should reach M’Lady’s house on my late ramble at about 8.45. I wonder whether she’ll manage a wave.

I have fond imaginings of that scenario, you know – Sarah at an upstairs window, while I play the fool doing the serenade thing. And then my form is illuminated by the light from a downstairs window with the curtains drawn back, and there’s Sarah’s sister doing her ‘where does it come from, where does it go?’ look.

I suspect Sarah’s sister is quite nice, really. She even called me by my name once. Imagine that! I also suspect that she sometimes has trouble keeping up with her kid sister’s boundless energy. But what would I know? Belated happy birthday, Rebecca.

No comments: