Wednesday 15 February 2012

A Funk Post.

It’s 1.40 am and I’m sitting here trying to contrive a blog post. I can’t come up with anything. It’s been a busy day today and I’m in a funk (I think.) Not a blue funk, just a funk. (I think. My American vernacular is not well advanced, you understand.)

It’s been a day of car cleaning, laundry and gardening, plus the usual chores like fire making, cooking and washing up. And then there was the correspondence. Such correspondence! Enlightening and enlivening correspondence. Correspondence to remind me that connections are not to be ignored, and that New York has not disintegrated after all.

But the fact that I’ve had a busy day does not mean that I’ve capitulated and become industrious. I haven’t. I’m a lazy, layabout English peasant and generally happy to be so. I’m Dylan from The Magic Roundabout – and sometimes Dougal, and sometimes Zebedee, and sometimes Ermintrude. I’m of little use to anybody and it’s probably best that I stay that way.

And now it’s time for bed. One more scotch and I’m off.

Tomorrow I buy bagels, among other things.

No comments: