Monday 13 February 2012

A Rambling Ditty.

Just as I was going out for my walk tonight, this one jumped out in front of me:

If I could see, oh lucky me,
A ghost upon my ramble
I’d ask if I could come to tea
And if its jam is bramble

Where do they come from? (Where do they go?)

Do you know, my little nocturnal perambulation to M’Lady S’s house and back has become the highlight of my day. Should I see that in a positive or a negative light, I wonder. Word says it should be ‘Milady.’ Up yours, Word. I like the upper case L in Lady.

Sometimes when I’m walking along the dark lane, I see the road ahead illuminated dimly, as though it’s being lit up by the headlights of a vehicle some distance away. One night it was a whole tree. I always turn around, but there’s never anything there. That’s odd, isn’t it? Some kind soul lighting my way?

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Ok... now i know which story to share next.

JJ said...

Good. Get on with it! My next is the graveyard one.