Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Rare Perception.

This morning I imagined myself trying to explain to somebody what’s so valuable to me about living where I do. 99.9% of them wouldn’t understand. The surface reality is obvious enough; people understand the beautiful views, the peace and quiet, the lovely walks around the lanes and over the fields. I appreciate those things, too, but there’s more to it than that for me – a lot more.

What’s really important is finally starting to get to grips with what lies beyond the surface reality. It’s all about sensing the subtle energy that suffuses and drives the natural order. I’ve felt hints of it before in my life, but nothing like I do here. It’s palpable here, but it’s so subtle that it’s very easily disturbed. If I stand at the bottom of my garden at twilight – which is when it’s at its most manifest – and a vehicle comes down the lane, the effect on me is literally painful. It tears at my midriff, which is where the connection seems to be made.

How do I explain that to the people who could mess it all up?

No comments: