Friday 10 February 2012

Labels for Ovine Brains.

Today’s little news snippet which demonstrates another disturbing fact about the state of the nation:

Sainsbury’s, Britain’s third largest grocery retail chain, have agreed to change the package instruction which says ‘Freeze on day of purchase’ to ‘Freeze by use-by date.’ Apparently, it’s an attempt to cut down on the massive amount of food that people throw away because they’ve failed to freeze it on the day they bought it. This would seem to indicate two things about the brains of the British people:

1) They are becoming disturbingly deficient in grey cells.

2) Such cells as remain are coming ever closer to resembling those of sheep.

And don’t you just love the labels on packets of nuts that say:

Allergy advice: May contain nuts.

7 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Years ago i saw directions on the back of my dad's deodorant instructing people to apply to under arms only.

Anthropomorphica said...

It all goes to show that the majority of the population goes "baaaaaaa"
Jeff, you've brought a smile to my lips, although if I think about it too long it's depressing...
Andrea's deodorant story brought to mind a student I had in Japan who worked very long hours. In order to stop himself from falling asleep he would smear tiger balm on his eye lids!

JJ said...

Andrea: Ah, so that's why it doesn't taste too good. Always wondered.

Mel: My neighbour brings me 'old' bread rolls to give to the birds. I squeeze them, smell them, and if they're OK, I have them for lunch! It bugs me a bit that people so need to have instructions to follow these days. What's tiger balm?

Anthropomorphica said...

It's an evil herbal, menthol muscle rub. Glad you eat the rolls.. who needs to forage!

JJ said...

I need tiger balm! Where do I get it? Shayna recommended arnica gel.

Anthropomorphica said...

Boots has it I think, if not any herbally type of place.

JJ said...

We have both in Ashbourne. Thursday.