Wednesday 22 February 2012

Misdirected Anger.

Now that my standards, ideals and principles are my own standards, ideals and principles and not those that Mother Culture would have me adhere to, I find myself almost constantly disturbed, irritated and even angered by nearly everything I see around me. The western world is simply crammed full of crap.

This isn’t good because sometimes the anger reaches boiling point, and then I indulge in such a vitriolic rant to somebody that it looks for all the world like a personal attack. I did that last night and have spent today consumed with remorse. Two long e-mails of explanation and apology have only gone some way to assuage it, hence the lack of posts today.

The odd thing is that the person to whom I let off steam is one of a very small number who I’d expect to understand what I’m raving about, and so the doing of it is a sort of compliment.

Nevertheless, I still think I should try to cultivate better self-control. Or get a punch bag.

No comments: