Monday 20 February 2012

A Different JJ

It seems there’s some sort of confectionery company in New York which styles itself:

JJ’s Rockin Cupcakes: The Muscle Behind the Sweetness.

Somebody once described me in a letter to my employer as ‘the iron fist in the velvet glove,’ which was excessively complimentary since I was only trying to do my job in a civilised and respectful manner, and the giving of a Rule 2 Caution is rather more highly charged than they make it look in TV dramas. Nevertheless, it was at least complimentary and not entirely inappropriate to the kind of bloke I am.

‘The muscle behind the sweetness,’ however, is a bit out of my league, and I should like it to be known that the said JJ is in no way associated with me. Besides, if I were the JJ in question, there would be an apostrophe after the ‘n’ in ‘Rockin’.’

And it seems the bath did wake me up a bit. Not for long, though. I can feel myself falling off the chair already.

No comments: