Tuesday 21 February 2012

Abstraction and Connection.

I should be making a late post, but I’m a bit far gone. I’m musing on how powerful an abstract thing like feeling can be, and how the abstract declines the application of reason since it ceases to be truly abstract once it’s explained, and how the poet is the one who best understands feeling because the poet is the one most likely to decline reason as the basis for understanding. Shayna’s haiku is a good example.

And I’m musing on the wondrous nature of connections, and how they mysteriously occur in threes.

5 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I love Shayna!

JJ said...

Hadn't better say 'she's great,' since that's what Dougal and Ted said about Jesus... She mentioned you in a post comment somewhere lower down.

Anthropomorphica said...

Really, I didn't know that (about the post). She's definitely a sorceress...

JJ said...

She said she wanted to do that picnic.

JJ said...

It's in 'Struggling for Content.'