Wednesday 20 October 2010

When Togetherness Appeals.

I was bored tonight. I had nothing to blog about, there were no e-mails in my inbox, I didn’t feel like reading and there was nothing on the TV I fancied. So I watched Riverdance again, and realised something interesting.

Although I’ve always been the type to do my own thing in my own way, and almost invariably alone, what appeals to me when I watch dance is the element of ensemble. I get the biggest thrill from watching two or more people doing the same thing at the same time (especially when it’s a bunch of pretty colleens in short green dresses and black tights!) There’s something wholesomely together about it - a number of people all pulling in the same direction. I like that in others.

More evidence that I don’t belong, I suppose.

No comments: