Sunday 31 October 2010

My Mind Has a Leaking Valve.

I had a blog post all lined up today. It was deep and provocative, perhaps the most spiritually profound of all my posts. I started to type it, and then I had a phone call – just an ordinary domestic call from Helen, nothing unusual. When she rang off it was time for dinner and I decided I’d come back to the post later. Guess what? When dinner was over I’d lost all interest in making the post. It’s the second time that’s happened this week. So then a third one went tumbling through my mind, and I can’t be bothered to write that one either.

That’s what happens at this time of year: high inspiration followed by deep deflation. It’s a bit of a nuisance. I’ve twice been told that my clan totem is the bear, so maybe I should just hibernate.

5 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

That's what winters for especially with the nights drawing in. Hope the wee folk behaved themselves last night ;)

JJ said...

Well, the cake had all gone by this morning, and the scotch smelt like the essence had gone out of it, so hopefully they had a good time. I rather thought one of the young lady fairies might come in and misbehave, but no luck there. Probably just as well. I really must be careful about what I wish for!

Anthropomorphica said...

Mr Beazley, you are rather incorrigible ;)

Anthropomorphica said...

P.S. been enjoying the music, thanks Jeff.

JJ said...

Incorrigible certainly, Mel, but also incorruptible I hope.

Do you mean my playlist? I wondered who'd been 'viewing' it. No more than small recompense for your wonderful videos.