Saturday 16 October 2010

Being Seen.

I was thinking today about how much faith people put in their appearance. I’m told that a person’s mood and self-esteem can be significantly affected by what they’re wearing.

Not me. If I wear posh clothes I just feel pretentious. I’ve had so many years of wearing things that hang on by a thread that I’ve been cured of that one. I’m tempted to wonder why we don’t all become nudists.

But that could pose a problem for the men. If wearing your heart on your sleeve is bad enough, think about the consequences of...

Maybe it’s not such a good idea.

2 comments:

Della said...

Nudism now, would be a bore. Women like to dress up more than men, probably, I admit. My whole Halloween post (thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely – as usual – comment) was really just a vehicle for my daughter and I to play dress-up. Umm, mostly me, actually. What has this got to do with your post? Nothing. I wanted to do something with that funny story you and Maria cooked up, but have no fuel left in me at all. Time for sleep – do have a nice night, Jeff!

JJ said...

Hi Della. Time enough if you want to add a sentence or two. And I did wonder about the pictures, so... Off to have another peek now. I expect my night to start in about an hour. That's about the time I usually wake up.