Wednesday 27 October 2010

De-brief.

Been doing a bit of a de-brief tonight, and I realised that there are five things I’ve always been good at:

Seeing through the fronts that people construct.

Recognising the disingenuous and other brands of falseness (not necessarily the same thing.)

Offending people.

Losing friends.

Failing to live up to others’ expectations.

Oh well, must plod on.

And, completely off the point, I’m listening to Charles Trenet’s classic rendition of La Mer. My French is almost non-existent these days, but I’m sure he says ‘mouton’ at one point. Doesn’t that mean ‘sheep?’ How on earth do sheep manage to appear in a song about the sea?

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Hats off to the first two Jeff!

Wish I was brave enough to offend folks more often!

Losing friends is part of life's ebb and flow.

Expectations are hideous imps designed only for disillusionment and to disappoint.

Bloody sheep, they've probably managed to drown themselves! Great song though :)

I'll see thee anon, keep plodding!

JJ said...

Thank you, Mel. You're OK. I keep thinking of the Monty Python 'nesting' sheep. 'They don't so much fly, as plummet.'