Saturday 23 October 2010

Feeling Wanted.

Blogging’s been on the back burner today, courtesy of gardening, walking, and an enquiry from a publisher regarding stories for one of their anthologies. It’s nice to get enquiries like that. Makes a chap feel wanted. It should come as no surprise that I don’t often have reason to feel wanted, so it makes a pleasant change.

And I saw today that the local pub is having a bonfire night bash (5th November, for anybody unfamiliar with British traditions – Guy Fawkes Night.) I wonder how much they’ll be charging. Should I go? Be a devil. Live dangerously. Watch and listen. Mmm...

A wooden structure appeared in my garden this morning. I haven’t a clue who put it there, or why. It’s a sort of wooden cage with no top, and too heavy for one person to move. Weird. It’s almost as big a mystery as the rabbit burrow that disappeared one day, with no sign of disturbance to the surrounding ground. Who filled it in, why did they do it, and where did they get the soil from?

I was going to make a post today about young women needing to beware the masculine Id, but decided it would be unduly alarmist. I’m not entirely convinced, though, so maybe I’ll still make it one of these days.

Time I had a drink.

No comments: