Friday 8 October 2010

A Bit of a Rant.

I’ve just watched the video that’s up at You Tube to accompany the angelic Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold. What an absolute Pile of Crap. The choice of upper case is deliberate. My head is full of expletives, but I’ll spare you the rest.

This is a song replete with magic, beauty and pathos. Eva Cassidy sings it like nobody else could. So what do people do? They throw up a load of shallow, mawkishly sentimental and hopelessly inappropriate images. Weak images, paltry images, soulless images, Chicken McNuggets fucking images! OK, one further expletive. Sorry.

Where are you all? Find me a picture that fits and I’ll love you forever.

That was a bit of a rash thing to say. Did I mention that my mind is in a funny place today? And I know who’s responsible. Don’t think I don’t.

Time I went to bed. Goodnight.

Except to say that music is important to me...

Would you like me to tell you about some of the put-downs I’ve had at the hands of women? Another time.

Goodnight.

No comments: