Monday 25 October 2010

Feminine Ammunition.

I’ve just read a teenage girl’s latest blog post. She’s bitterly regretting the fact that she was shy when the man of her choice was making overtures. What? Doesn’t she realise how beguiling shyness can be. Helen was brilliant at it when I first met her. She did that soft, silent, determined look – the one that says ‘Leave me alone. I’m not coming out!’ It intrigues. It makes a man search for new ways to get over the barrier. (I’m talking about worthy men here, not the other sort.) It can even make him stumble until he trips and lies prostrate at the lady’s feet. And then she’s got him.

I’m not sure I should be giving this stuff away. Letting the side down, and all that. But women just don’t seem to understand what a range of deadly ammunition they’ve got in that little bullet belt of theirs.

Fall into the first pair of rippling biceps you see if all you want is a shot of cheap testosterone. But you’ll be greatly limiting your choices if you do.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

omygod jeff. start a dating dos and don'ts site already!

JJ said...

Now you're mocking. You're not the first. And how did you just become Jewish?

Carmen said...

you mock me?

Zz... said...

shyness is the pits, SO LIMITING. actually this post reeks of how I ended up married... to the wrong guy :P

JJ said...

Carmen: No, never! It was just the way you used 'already.'

Zhen: Oh dear! Life's never simple, eh? Maybe it works for some and not others. All I can say is that shyness always worked on me because I've usually found it to be an indicator of sincerity. But only an indicator. And I've found the converse to be generally true. But only generally. Are you still married to the wrong guy? Is there any such thing as the right guy?