Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Moving Finger Writes.

I knew when I wrote my last post that there was something hideous, and maybe even shameful, about it. I said that I’d be taking it down in the morning. I’m not going to do that because if, as I aver, my blog is my current way of talking to people, then anything I said last night cannot be unsaid. What anybody heard cannot be unheard. To pretend otherwise by removing the post would be self-deluding and little short of cowardly, and therefore even more shameful. Besides, what is the purpose of attempting to connect with people through talking to them but to indulge some inner need to reveal oneself? And what would be the point of doing that if the warts were to be hidden?

I imply no judgement of others. Anybody else’s reason for removing a blog post is their business and done for their own reasons.

No comments: