Saturday 9 October 2010

Minor Conflicts.

It should have become apparent that I don’t have a very high opinion of myself these days. I don’t have a very low opinion either, so no evident difficulty with self-image.

The point is, that sort of thing can be quite important when you’re struggling with the problem of being an extrovert loner, since those two reprobates don’t co-exist harmoniously. Or maybe it only seems important at the moment. Maybe the real problem is feeling a strong sense of connection with something untouchable. It’s a bit like having a persistent but celibate succubus in the house.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

whats the untouchable thing?
This might be part of the teenager phase.

JJ said...

Untouchable. Unmentionable. Definitely part of my adolescent side. The reference to a succubus was a deliberate contradiction in terms. It was my attempt at irony. It says it all and I like it.

Carmen said...

I had to look up what a succubus meant. Its quite an unsexy word, for such a devilish definition.

JJ said...

So can you imagine how you would feel if such a creature (in your case, an incubus) did everything but come within touching distance? Madness without reward.

I'm exaggerating, of course. Just playing the game for as much as I can get out of it. It's lunchtime at the moment, and the playing field less harsh at lunchtime.