Tuesday 12 October 2010

A Halloween Fantasy.

I have to acknowledge Roisin and Melanie's role in this one. Trust a pair of dissolute colleens to rekindle the sanity of mischief. Thank you, ladies.

I saw a lady on the stair,
With crinolines and floating hair.
A beauty with a moon-white face,
All rippling silk and comely grace...

I looked aghast, until at last
I said ‘You shouldn’t be here.’
‘I’m not,’ she said, ‘I’m stone cold dead
I’ve come to have my tea here.’

‘Your tea?’ I said, then bowed my head.
‘Such honour ’tis you do me.’
‘Just wait,’ she smiled, ‘it’s really wild.
The liquid runs right through me!’

‘This could be quite a thrilling sight,
I really need to wangle
A lower tread to lay my head
And get a better angle.’

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Nothing quite like a good dose of impropriety ;)
Thanks for the belly laugh Jeff, you'll have to write my rhymes your so much better at it!
Oh, and you're welcome, we reprobates have to stick together ;)

JJ said...

Just as long as you don't really plan to smell of two week old wee!

Anthropomorphica said...

Fair weather friend!!

JJ said...

I see, I get the picture.

OK, then. As long as I can always be upwind.