Friday 15 October 2010

Thought for the Cold Light of Day.

How real must seem the mirages and phantoms to a thirsty man crossing an arid plain.

How foolish he must feel when he reaches out to grasp a span of empty air, or lifts a handful of dust to his blistering mouth.

And how long must it be before he asks the question:

‘Am I the phantom? Am I the mirage?’

This is not as dark as it might sound. Merely a muse on the illusion to which I believe every one of us is subject. We play the game; that’s all.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Oh dear. This is too deep for me to expound upon after a long day of school. Forensics is forthcoming; instaed I must contemplate drugs. :P

JJ said...

No worries, Maria. There was a large personal element to it anyway. Good luck with the drugs. I chose not to ask the obvious question.