Friday 8 October 2010

All a Bit of Fun.

I was persuaded tonight to take one of those Myers-Briggs style personality tests. It said I was an ENFP type – Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving. Apparently, I should have been a journalist, not an investment banker. Really?

So then it gave my personality traits as:

Outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy.

I agree with most of them. And then it gave my suitable careers as:

Performer, actor, entertainer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, comedian, radio broadcaster/dj, some job related to theater/drama, poet, music journalist, work in fashion industry, singer, movie producer, playwright, bartender, comic book author, work in television, dancer, artist, record store owner, model, freelance artist, teacher (art, drama, music), writer, painter, massage therapist, costume designer, choreographer, make up artist.

I think putting this on my blog must be an example of attention-seeking. As for the jobs, seems to me that massage therapist offers the best potential for fun, but bartender would be of more practical value. I assume I’d get discount.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

i think I got the same answer as you when i did it a few months ago. Its funny, because when I read the personality traits, i felt proud about being unorganised. Dont really feel exactly the same anymore..

JJ said...

I expect that's because you feel it's causing you difficulty at the moment. You're at a stage in life where you're being forced through system hoops. If those hoops go against your nature, it causes conflict. Sorry if I've mentioned this before, but you mind find Osho's book 'Tao: The Pathless Path' interesting. It talks about the difference between the Taoist and Confuscianist philosophies.