Saturday 9 October 2010

Correction.

No sooner had I made the last post, but the first visitor dropped in. Guess what. Pennsylvania – again. This is becoming a habit. I’m beginning to wonder whether I should emigrate to Philadelphia or something. I doubt the US authorities allow people like me in. Can't help wondering, though: is there life in Pennsylvania? That is the question. Is it nobler in the mind...

Helen had a dream one night, in which I’d emigrated to America. She sent me a text the next morning:

Please, don’t emigrate to America.

Ah, how nice. Somebody likes having me around. She’s the only person who does these days.

I’m fishing.

No, I’m not.

4 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

There is definitely life in Pennsylvania. I bet the person (or people) from that wonderful state visits your blog so much because s/he gets bored doing homework after a certain amount of time, and visits everyone's blogs. Or because s/he really likes reading your work and knows that there will probably be a new post up.
Anyway, I'm sure this person does not want to skew your statistics or to force you to emigrate to America. :)

JJ said...

Mmm. There's a mixture of tones here, Maria. Tell you what, I'll go back to my work in the garden now and think about it.

I just put a comment on your blog. Just so that you're in no doubt, it was intended as a compliment.

Carmen said...

Irrelevant, but my sister's name is Helen. Your Helen seems so much lovelier than mine.

JJ said...

My Helen's very lovely, Carms, but she has one major flaw. She still gets on with me. I'm sure yours will change in time.