Saturday 30 October 2010

Uncommunicative, Except by Story.

So, here we go again. I was going to make two posts tonight. The first I’ve now decided isn’t worth saying, and the second I’ve forgotten altogether. No hope, I think.

As for the documentary, turns out it’s actually yet another series on the history of the Second World War. How many more do we need? I thought this was going to present a new angle on everything. Maybe it will – in time. At the end of the first hour, however, we haven’t even got to the Ardennes offensive yet.

So what else do I have to say? Not much. I’ve spent the last hour chatting-by-blog-comment to the Maid of Midlothian, the lovely Melanie of Anthropomorphica. Thanks, Mel. You were just what I needed tonight.

And just to remind anybody who might be interested, the next story will be going up in an hour or so – a day early as I said, in honour of the season. It’s one of the earlier ones, and not a particular favourite. Oddly enough, though, it’s the one for which I received the highest fee. And I seem to recall a reviewer liked it, so maybe there’s something worthy in there. A warning, though. It’s a bit long and decompressed (although not quite as decompressed as it used to be.)

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

You're welcome Jeff, I love our random chats, I always head off in a more tickled frame of mind ;)

I've just posted another somewhat dark animation you may enjoy.

JJ said...

Oh, good. Bath time now, then I'll settle down with some popcorn. Did I say 'popcorn?'