Thursday 7 October 2010

Gold for Zoe.

I think it only proper to regard my blog as the right forum to make a statement. Zoe is an angel – as defined by Rabbi Lionel Blue.

(You want the definition? OK, but another time. I must not be distracted from my purpose. Shut up and listen.)

Zoe is an angel, take it from me; and in honour of her elevated status, I’ve added a song by Eva Cassidy to my playlist. Do listen to it; it’s really rather nice.

And, of course, I now have to hope that Zoe will excuse my presumption.

What's annoying is that I had to move the damn thing down to the bottom of the page because my Blogger layout wouldn't permit access to more than seven tracks if I have it at the side. Bloody modern technology!

4 comments:

Zoe said...

This was a merry time.

JJ said...

This is enigmatic. Surprise, surprise. (I never trust myself to understand what deep and meaningful people are actually saying, Zoe. It can be a nuisance sometimes. Anyway, I'm sticking with the angel thing.)

How come nobody asked for the definition? You've all had eight hours, for heaven's sake!

Maria Sondule said...

Really? My playlist has 40 tracks. I guess you're using something different...
Congrats Zoe! lol
This post reminds me of bad pickup lines like "did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Would you ever use one?

JJ said...

Hello Maria. The problem isn't the number of tracks it will allow. It's the fact that my old layout only permits a fairly narrow space in the sidebar, so it cuts off the side of the playlist where the scroll bar is.

A bad pick up line? Damn! I've been rumbled. Actually, it was quite genuine. Rabbi Blue's definition of an angel was somebody who does or says just what you need at that moment without realising they're doing it. And that's what Zoe did.

I'd never heard that pick up line before. I like it. It's so outrageous that I can't imagine any girl failing to appreciate the humour. And no, I never used pick up lines of any sort. My method was always to ingratiate myself into their affections with honest and restrained compliments. Eventually they would make the first move, which allowed me to blame them when things went wrong. Devious, eh? And very nearly true.