Sunday 24 October 2010

Disappointment.

Received opinion on the Greatest Film of all Time usually goes for either Citizen Kane or Gone with the Wind. Mine doesn’t. I have to admit that I’ve never seen Citizen Kane, but it doesn’t seem like my sort of film. I did try to watch Gone with the Wind once, but switched off after about an hour because I found everything about it – absolutely everything – tediously turgid. Especially Olivia de Havilland.

My vote goes to Funny Bones, but I’m not going to bother explaining why because I’m not in film critic mode. Let’s just say it has so many different angles and presents them all superbly.

So, tonight I set myself the task of learning how to embed a You Tube video in a blog post. It seemed easy enough, and so off I went to You Tube looking for one of the classic clips from the film. Not there – none of them. There are a few clips, but none of the best ones.

The world is determined to disappoint me.

No comments: