Saturday 7 May 2011

Wondering...

I sat in the garden at twilight as usual tonight, feeling the peace of the place. The air was warm and slightly humid; the sky was cloudy but the clouds were high and light, so no indication of rain. But then, when it was almost dark and I was about to come in, I began to feel uneasy. I had no idea what was bothering me, but the anxiety continued to develop even after I’d switched on the lights and closed the curtains.

About half an hour later, I began to hear intermittent banging sounds above the music I was playing. It sounded like somebody was moving stuff about next door, but it was night and next door is still empty. I went outside to investigate and was surprised to find that it was raining. And then I was briefly dazzled by the most intense flash of sheet lightning that seared the sky and bathed the landscape in sudden daylight. Five seconds later, the thunder rolled in and crashed about the house. Well, that at least explained the banging noises.

So I began to wonder: was my deep sense of unease

1) Another indication of my new-found connection with nature?

2) A bit of precognition?

3) A simple case of a random anxiety attack?

I’m doing as lot of wondering at the moment.

No comments: