Thursday 19 May 2011

Life, Lies and a Della Ditty.

Remember the old days before I started turning into a Red Admiral? Seems the old caterpillar has life in it yet.

When Della Marinis
Drank six pints of Guinness
She said to the man she most favoured:
‘Do you want to come up?
There’s still time for a sup.
And my etchings are there to be savoured.’

I think the caterpillar is about to get stepped on.

Here’s to my new life.

Life is lovely
Life is sweet
Life just sweeps you
Off your feet.

- Sinatra.

(I made that up.)

I’m in a bloody strange mood at the moment. Rollercoasters make you dizzy. This is another one destined for the chop. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Della said...

Oh, dear I'm immortalized in one of your ditties now. I couldn't manage even one pint of Guinness actually (it tastes like poison to me), but I guess it's the thought that counts. Will take you up on your ice cream offer one day, though.

At least today you sound almost as cheery as the man in the supermarket – who really is probably happier than many of us, but then, that's the price of sanity.

JJ said...

Phew! Thank you for not stepping on me. In my defence, I have to say that finding a rhyme for Marinis wasn't easy. By the way, you might try going to Dublin. It tastes different there. It's also sneaky. It lures you in and then blows you away just when you're at your most unprepared. Think I'd better avoid any obvious parallels.

The ice cream awaits your pleasure.

JJ said...

Another BTW. The first version had Della rhyming with cellar, but the last line just wouldn't come.