Friday 6 May 2011

Late Lamented.

Ladies’ legs. That’s what I miss most. Not playing rugby, not playing cricket, not photography, not hill walking, not eating meat, not fishing, not partying, not being at sea in a force 11 storm. All these things were principal sources of pleasure at various times in my life, and I gave them all up for one reason or another. I don’t consciously miss any of them.

It’s the lamentable lack of ladies’ legs that leaves me listless.

It’s that time of night again.

4 comments:

Jfromtheblock said...

Oh, Jeff.

JJ said...

Variations:

Oh Jeff, that's disgusting.
Oh Jeff, I feel so sorry for you.
Oh Jeff, will you ever get it right?

Jfromtheblock said...

And now I'm pressured to get it right.

But it was somewhere between an
Oh Jeff, that's terribly cute
and an
Oh Jeff, I do feel for you.

But it's wonderful and kind of sweet that you miss a woman's legs.

JJ said...

Outside the box as ever, Jen!