Saturday 21 May 2011

The Colour of Missing.

Missing somebody is one of those abstract, emotional concepts that’s difficult to tie down. You can make a fair stab at describing the symptoms, but actually defining it is as elusive as defining the perception of beauty or the statement ‘I love you.’

What I have noticed is that there are two sorts of missing people. There’s the pleasant sort that comes with security, and then there’s the exciting but gut-wrenching sort you get when you don’t know where somebody is, what they’re doing, and when – or even if – they’re coming back. I think they’re both colourful, but I suppose the second is more vibrant.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I never thought of it in those terms before, but I suppose you're right.

JJ said...

Emptiness + anxiety = heady mix.