Monday 23 May 2011

Charity Anybody?

I’ve always tried my best to find what I need to find and do what I need to do. One result has been that I’ve given up or moved away from a lot of things, either because I thought they were wrong or because they didn’t interest me any more. It’s left a hole that I could do with filling. Emotional and material austerity weighs heavy sometimes.

So now I have a cunning plan, but I need about £20,000 to bring it off. Here’s the provisional itinerary:

Berlin, Bangkok, Sydney, California, Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, Pennsylvania/Jersey (Philly is just across the river, I believe.) I might even rest for a while in one of them, and others might get added when my brain gets into gear.

Anybody got £20,000 they don’t want?

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I've always wanted to travel. If you're ever in my neck of the woods i'll put you up for free :O) Its possible that Alex and i will be moving to either North Carolina or maybe even Florida after the new year. SO add that to your list!

My word verification is Saint. Saints are interesting.

JJ said...

Thank you Andrea. I was banking on you. I expect you'd have me babysitting, too! Hope the move goes well. There's just that business of the £20,000...

Not sure about saints. I'm more of an angels man.

Della said...

Are you planning on visiting your readers, is that it? We're probably a sorry lot and you'd be let down :) (no insult to your readers, of course, just silliness). Or, maybe you have something else in mind, since 20,000 pounds is an awful lot of money!

JJ said...

Yes, Della, visiting the family. It would be good to see everybody just once while I'm young enough to jetset.