Saturday 21 May 2011

Never Be an Optimist.

Do you know what the problem is with being an incurable optimist? You start extrapolating the current situation into the realms of fond, but hopelessly unreal, imaginings. Eventually you have to take a metaphorical cold shower and tell yourself:

‘That isn’t going to happen, you fucking idiot. GROW UP!’

I did that about ten minutes ago. This is supposedly one of the Sagittarian’s most dominant traits. Well, it’s damned inconvenient.

The Scottish answer to morphine is taking hold.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

True. But I think part of being an optimist is hoping for small things that you know can happen. Once in a while hoping for big things turns out well too. I'm always surprised at the little gifts life throws at me.

JJ said...

I think I'm just in a 'nothing is working out' phase at the moment.